This incredible tour gives you the chance to explore breathtaking sights in three fascinating South American countries.
- Return flights from Heathrow withLATAM
- 11 nights in 4 and 5-star hotels plus 2 nights in flight
- 11 breakfasts
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guides
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Day 1 UK/Santiago
- Today you’ll depart on your scheduled flight to Chile’s capital Santiago, via Sao Paulo.
- Day 2 Santiago
- You’ll arrive in Santiago today, where we’ll transfer you to your hotel for a two-night stay.The city occupies a lovely setting beneath the Andes, so fantastic views are assured. You’ll also see wonderful sights on an afternoon tour, with the Presidential Palace and the residential districts of Las Condes and Providencia particular highlights. The views of the foothills of the Andes from San Cristobal Hill aren’t bad either!
- Day 3 Santiago
- The choice is yours today spend time exploring Santiago, or join your Tour Manager on an optional day of discovery which starts with a scenic drive. Your first stop will be the Casas del Bosquevineyard to taste award-winning wines. Our explorations then take us to Via del Mar, a beach resort also known as the ‘Garden City’, and the coastal city of Valparaiso. We’ll have lunch here, and sightseeing highlightsincludeFisherman’s Wharf, Plaza Sotomayor, the Naval Academy and La Sebastiana.
- Day 4 Mendoza
- Today we take a great journey by road over the Andes and across the border into Argentina to your new base, Mendoza. Mount Aconcagua, which at 23,000ft is the highest peak in the Americas, is just one sightseeing highlight along the way.
- Day 5 Mendoza
- This morning has been left free for you to enjoy at leisure. However, if you’d like to join an optional excursion, you can join a vineyard tourby bicyle. We’ll head tothe wine region of Maip, where we’ll stop at two vineyards to learn about production methods and sample the famed wines of the region including Chardonnay, Syrah and Malbec. Our tastings will be accompanied by a selection of cheeses and sausages, and of course a lovely cycle through vineyards with the stunning backdrop ofthe Andes. Later this afternoon join us on an included sightseeingtour of Mendoza.
- Day 6 Buenos Aires
- Argentina’s capital Buenos Aires beckons today, and we’ll fly there this morning. With a three-night stay, there’s plenty of time to explore, and we’ll start with a tour this afternoon. First we’ll take a walk around the Plaza de Mayo, to see the Casa Rosada, or Government House. This is also where we’ll find the cathedral, which houses the tomb of Argentina’s liberator General San Martin. Next, we head to the colourful La Boca District and visit Recoleta Cemetery, the burial place of political icon Eva Pern, before returning to our hotel. This evening, why not join ‘The Argentine Experience’. This optional fun night out is perfect if you want to learn more about the Argentinian culture and its cuisine. You’ll enjoy some delicious food, learn how to order your steak just how you like it, in Spanish, and prepare the perfect empanada. You’ll also get tomake your very own ‘mate’, a traditional caffeine-rich drink.
- Day 7 Buenos Aires
- Buenos Aires is yours to explore today. Alternatively, if you’d like to experience life on a typical ranch, or estancia, an optional day out will take you into the heart of the Argentinian Pampas. Here you’ll see the gauchos displaying their horsemanship skills, and you’ll also get to tuck into an Argentine barbecue. Some of the world’s best beef comes from Argentina so meat-lovers are in for a treat.
- Day 8 Buenos Aires
- You’ve a free day to spend as you wish. However, you can also join a couple of exciting optional excursions. Perhaps join a relaxing morning river cruise on the Tigre and Parana Delta. As you sail through this labyrinth of waterways take in lovely views of riverside villas, forested islands, Victorian docks and English-style gardens. Your evening option turns up the heat, with a fiery tango show and dinner.
- Day 9 Igua Falls
- We’ll fly to Igua Falls today, where our base for two nights is on the Argentinian side of this natural wonder. You could spend a relaxed afternoon enjoying your hotel’s facilities.
- Day 10 Igua Falls
- Today is the day you are going to explore Igua National Park on a full-day excursion. A train ride takes us through the jungle to Igua Falls, which are located at the meeting point of three countries, Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina. Higher than Niagara and wider than Victoria, Igua consists of an astounding 275 separate falls and is a breathtaking spectacle.
- Day 11 Rio de Janeiro
- You might take the chance to relax this morning before we fly to the thrilling city of Rio de Janeiro. Alternatively, if you want to carry on exploring, you can take an optional trip to the Brazilian side of Igua Falls. From here you get wonderfully panoramic views and you can walk across a platform virtually into Devil’s Throat, the most famous of the falls. Early this afternoon we’ll transfer to the airport for our flight.
- Day 12 Rio de Janeiro
- You’re going to wake up in one of the most unique and dazzling cities in the world today, welcome to Rio! Beautifully situated beneath Sugar Loaf Mountain and blessed with magnificent world-famous beaches such as Copacabana and Ipanema, a day here is sure to be filled with excitement. To get you started, we’re going to visit Corcovado, which is home to the famous statue of Christ the Redeemer. To reach the statue we’ll travel on the small cog railway which winds up the mountain. You can just imagine the superb views you’re going to get over Rio from here. You’ll be keen to get out in Rio this afternoon, whether that’s to see more sights or stretch out on Copacabana Beach, which is just across from your hotel. There’s also the option to take a cable-car ride to the top of Sugar Loaf Mountain.
- Day 13 Rio de Janeiro/UK
- You’ve time to see a little more of Rio today before we transfer you to the airport for your flight to the UK via Sao Paulo.
- Day 14 UK
- Today you’ll arrive back in the UK.Please note that the itinerary for 2020 will differ slightly from that shown here. On day 12 of the tour we have added an additional included dinner in Rio De Janeiro.