Discover the Allure of South Korea and Japan on a Fascinating 2-Week Adventure. This two-week South Korea and Japan adventure gives a fascinating insight into two of Asia’s most intriguing countries. Close in proximity yet culturally distinct, this tour offers the perfect way to experience the diversity of the Far East.
- Fully Inclusive: Your journey includes all the essentials for a worry-free experience.
- Touring with Guides and Entrance Fees: Explore with knowledgeable guides and enjoy included entrance fees to key attractions.
- Included Meals:
- Breakfasts: 14
- Lunches: 13
- Dinners: 14
- Accommodation: Stay in 3+/4-star accommodations for a comfortable and enjoyable experience.
- Group Tour: Connect with fellow travelers in a group setting, with a maximum group size of 28.
- Physical Rating 1: This tour is suitable for those who are comfortable with walking, handling some steps, and spending time on their feet.
DAYS 1-2: Fly overnight to Seoul
- Fly overnight to South Korea’s dazzling capital, Seoul. Depending on your time of arrival, the rest of the day is yours to start soaking up the local culture.
DAY 3: Explore Seoul
- Start your full-day tour at Gyeongbok Palace for the ‘Changing of the Guards’ ceremony and a palace exploration.
- Enjoy a Korean cooking class to create and enjoy Bibimbap for lunch.
- Visit N Seoul Tower and explore Insadong Antique Alley.
DAY 4: Visit the DMZ
- Explore the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) between North and South Korea.
- Visit the DMZ Theatre & Exhibition Hall, the 3rd Infiltration Tunnel, Dora Observatory & Station, and the Bridge of Freedom.
- Return to Seoul to explore the Gwangjang Market.
DAY 5: Explore Gyeongju
- Embark on a train journey to Gyeongju, known as ‘the museum without walls.’
- Visit Bulguksa Temple and Seokguram Grotto, both UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Stroll along Anapji Pond.
DAY 6: Explore Busan
- Visit Gyeongju National Museum and Tumuli Park’s royal tombs.
- Journey to Busan, explore Jagalchi Fish Market, Gukje Market, Dongbaekseom Island, and Haeundae Beach.
DAY 7: Goodbye South Korea, Hello Japan
- Board the ferry to Fukuoka, Japan.
DAY 8: From Fukuoka to Hiroshima
- Explore Fukuoka, then board the bullet train to Hiroshima.
DAY 9: Hiroshima & Miyajima
- Visit Peace Memorial Park and Museum, an oyster farm by boat, and the Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima Island.
DAY 10: Discover Ancient Kurashiki & Okayama
- Explore Kurashiki’s Bikan Historical Quarter, visit Korakuen Garden in Okayama, and board the bullet train to Osaka.
DAY 11: Explore Nara & Osaka
- Travel to Nara, visit Todaiji Temple, and return to Osaka to see Osaka Castle.
DAY 12: Travel to Kyoto
- Journey to Kyoto and visit Ryoanji, Kinkakuji Temple, and experience a tea ceremony.
DAY 13: Explore Kyoto
- Visit Arashiyama, have lunch with a Maiko (apprentice Geisha), and explore Fushimi Inari Shrine.
DAY 14: Visit Hakone
- Visit Hakone shrine, Lake Ashi, and participate in a Yosegi marquetry craft experience.
- Continue by road to Tokyo.
DAY 15: Explore Tokyo
- Explore Meiji Shrine, Shibuya crossing, Asakusa, Sensoji Temple, and a bonsai museum.
- End the day with a dinner cruise on Tokyo Bay.
DAY 16: Fly Tokyo to UK
- Fly back to the UK, arriving home the same or following day.