Ascend Table Mountain, search for the ‘Big Five’ on safari in Kruger National Park and tour Soweto on this unforgettable South African tour.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- Use of an airport lounge in the UK
- 11 nights in 3& 4-star hotels plus 2 nights in flight
- 19meals: 11 breakfasts,1lunch,7 dinners
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome & farewell get-together
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Day 1 UK to Cape Town
- You’ll depart on your overnight flight to Cape Town today.
- Day 2 Cape Town
- Today you will arrive in Cape Town. This eveningwe’ll get to know one another better overdinner.
- Day 3 Cape Peninsula
- A day exploring the Cape Peninsula begins at Hout Bayand continuesalong Chapman’s Peak a spectacular coastal drive as we make our way to Cape Nature Reserve and Cape Point, at the very tip of the peninsula.
During our return journey to Cape Town we stop atBoulders Beach, where you can see the penguins that make their home here. We’ll then continue through Simon’s Town, Fish Hoek and Muizenberg, finally reaching Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, beautifully positioned against the slopes of Table Mountain.We also include a visit to Table Mountain, and if the weather is favourable you’ll have the opportunity to ascend the mountain on a thrilling cable car ride.We’ll get together and head to a restaurant for our welcome dinner this evening.
- Day 4 Cape Town
- Today has been left freefor you to explore Cape Town at your own pace. The Victoria and Alfred Waterfront has sweeping views of the ocean, harbour, city bowl and Table Mountain and is the perfect place to relax with many excellent restaurants and attractions. We also offer two optional excursions today – a morningtour of Khayelitsha, Cape Town’s largest black township, andan afternoon visit to the Western Cape Winelands region.We’ll learn about the wine-making process during acellar tour andatasting rounds off our visit.
- Day 5 Oudtshoorn
- There’s a scenic drive to look forward to today via Route 62 to Oudtshoorn. An afternoon visit to an ostrich farm will give you the opportunity to admire and possibly hand-feed these curiouslooking creatures.
- Day 6 Knysna
- Our first stop today will be at theimpressiveCango Caves, where we’ll descend into an underground world of limestone caverns, stalactites and stalagmites sculptured by nature over millions of years.
Next we head toKnysna, a town at the heart of the Garden Routewhich nestles on the shores ofa beautiful lagoon and is surrounded by ancient forests. After checking into the hotel, the rest of the day is yours tospend at leisure.
- Day 7 Knysna
- You are free to explore Knysna at your own pace today. You could perhaps explore the town’s boutiques and shops with your travelling companions, or maybe take in the views from the heads – the two huge cliffs lying atthe mouth of the lagoon.
Alternatively, you could join ouroptional excursion to Featherbed Nature Reserve. We’ll take a ferry across the Knysna Lagoon and admire spectacular scenery as we drive onto the reserve.ASpecialist Guide will tell us all about theregion’s flora and fauna, and we’lltake a walk through the coastal forest to see ancient sea caves. After working up an appetite we’ll be ready forourincludedbuffet lunch, which isserved ata beautiful outdoor restaurant undera canopy of Milkwood trees.
- Day 8 Johannesburg
- We will say goodbye to Knysna this morning and drive along the spectacular Garden Route to Port Elizabeth. Along the way we’ll stop atStorms River Mouth in Tsitsikamma National Park, where you can walkacross the77-metre-long suspension bridge that crosses thewater as it flows into the ocean.
When we arrive inPort Elizabethwe’llhead to the airport and fly toJohannesburg.
- Day 9 Johannesburg
- This morning weinclude a tour of nearby Soweto the country’s most populous black urban residential area, which is infused with the history of the struggle against apartheid. Lunch is included and then you’ll havean afternoon to do as you please.
- Day 10 Kruger National Park
- The Panorama Route weaves its way through some of the most stunning scenery in South Africa the rainforest at God’s Window, Bourke’s Luck potholes and Blyde Canyon are just some of the highlights. It’s also our route to Mpumalanga, the gateway to the iconic Kruger National Park.
- Day 11 Kruger National Park
- Wake up to the incredible sounds of the African bush as you embark on a thrilling early-morning game drive in Kruger. The park is home to an enthralling array of wildlife, so hopefully you’ll tick off at least some, if not all, of the ‘Big Five’ lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo.There’s time to relax by the pool with a refreshing drink this afternoon before we offer a further optional game drive.
- Day 12 Kruger National Park
- There’s more time at leisure today, withoptional bush walks and game drives on offer if you want to see more of your thrilling surroundings and the resident wildlife.
- Day 13 Kruger to UK
- We head back to Johannesburg for our return flight to the UK.
- Day 14 UK
- Arrive in the UK today.Please note that the itinerary for 2020 will differ slightly from that shown here. We are no longer able to offer the Bush Walk Excursion. In Kruger we now also stay at Ndhula Lodge tented accomodation which is just 25 minutes drive from Kruger gate.