Soak up the glamour of both the French and Italian Rivieras as you discover elegant seaside resorts and charming medieval villages.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- 7 nightsin a 4-star hotel
- 10 meals: 7 breakfasts, 3 dinners in restaurants
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome & farewell drinks
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at allUK airports
- Audio Guide
- Day 1 UK to Genoa
- You’ll fly intoGenoa today and on arrival we will transfer you to your hotel in the town of Imperia on the Ligurian coast. This golden stretch of coastline borders its more famous neighbour, the French Riviera, and is just as picturesque, boasting azure waters, sandy beaches and palm-lined promenades.
- Day 2 Sanremo
- Located on a wide, sheltered bay, Sanremo is delightful to explore. We’ll do this today on our included tour in the company of a Local Guide. We’ll stroll through its charming Old Town, where a maze of lanes twist their way down the hillside. We’ll also admire a colourful display of exotic blooms amongst its exquisite manicured gardens and well-kept parks. Downby the seafront another highlight is aRussian Orthodox church, similar in design to Saint Basil’s in Moscow.
- Day 3 Monaco & Monte Carlo
- The stylish principality of Monaco is a sovereign state that has been ruled by the Grimaldi family for more than seven centuries. It boasts luxurious hotels, exclusive restaurants and the highest number of millionaires per square metre than any other country in the world! The district of Monte Carlo is the sophisticated playground of the rich and famous, renowned for its famous casino, exquisite gardens, opulent boutiques and a grand harbour filled with expensive yachts. We’ll discover these glamorous sights on today’s full-day included excursion.
- Day 4 Santa Margherita & Portofino
- Santa Margherita is one of the most elegant resorts on the Italian Riviera. You can discover its charm on our optional excursion, which also includes a visit to Portofino, which we’ll reach by boat if the weather is on our side. What used to be a quiet fishing village is now one of the region’s most exclusive resorts, filledwith designer boutiques and a fine selection of restaurants and bars. Take a walk among its maze of streets to the Church of St Giorgio, which is close to the harbour. Perhaps take a seat at a caf here and enjoy spectacular views across the bay as you sip a coffee or enjoy a chilled glass of wine.
- Day 5 Menton & Dolceacqua
- Today we’ll head to Menton in France, a coastal town on the Cote d’Azur close to the Italianborder.Its streets are lined with pretty pastel-coloured houses and we’ll have time to take a stroll and admire the 17th century Basilica of Saint-Michel,one of the finest baroque churches in southern France.
Next we’ll cross the border back to Italy andstop inmedieval Dolceacqua, made up of two beautiful villages connected by a stone bridge.
- Day 6 Genoa
- Why not join our optional excursion to the medieval town of Genoa today. Highlights of our walking tour will include the old port, with its manymuseums and attractions,and the house where explorer Christopher Columbus was born.
- Day 7 Nice & St Paul de Vence
- Nice, set against a backdrop of blue skies and sparkling sea, is the chic capital of the French Riviera. This is where ouroptional tour begins today. We’ll visit the Place Massena, the largest square in the historic old district, which is home to impressive fountains and stunning Neoclassical buildings with red-coloured faades. Recognised as a national monument of France, we’ll also see St Nicholas Orthodox Cathedral. Consecrated in 1912 with the support of Tsar Nicholas II, inside is housed a vast collection of icons and decorative works of huge historical value.Later, we head inland to the charming medieval village of St Paul de Vence, built on a rocky outcrop and surrounded by ramparts. A stroll around the Old Town reveals a maze of charming streets, shady squares and beautiful views of the Bay of Nice.
- Day 8 Genoa to UK
- We’ll transfer to the airport today and fly back to the UK.