Canada’s wondrous sights Niagara Falls, Lake Louise and Banff National Park line up alongside breathtaking wildlife, supersized mountains and a two-day journey on board the iconic Rocky Mountaineer on this thrilling adventure.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Air Canada
- 15 nights in hotels of a good standard plus 1 night in flight
- 4meals: 2 breakfasts, 2lunches
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Day 1 UK/Montreal
- Depart on your scheduled flight to Montreal today. On arrival we’ll transfer you to your hotel for a two-night stay.
- Day 2 Quebec City
- Spend today exploring Montreal at your leisure or enjoy an optional full-day tour of Quebec City, the only walled city in North America, which stands proudly on the St Lawrence River. Highlights of this UNESCO World Heritage Site include the picturesque and imposing Chteau Frontenac, built as a hotel in the late 19th century for the Canadian Pacific Railway Company, the Cathedral-Basilica of Notre-Dame and the star-shaped Citadelle. Outside the city walls, we’ll head to thePlains of Abraham battle site. This expanse of green is where in 1759 the British fought the French for control of Canada, and won. Round off your sightseeing by taking in the views from the Dufferin Terrace, which wraps around the Chteau Frontenac 200ft above the river. From here you can take in the beauty of the Laurentian Hills and the ski resort of Mont St-Anne.
- Day 3 Montreal & Ottawa
- Discover the highlights of Montreal on a sightseeing tour. Located in the French-speaking province of Quebec, Canada’s second city was named after Mount Royal, the triple-peaked hill at its heart. It boasts a wealth of 17th century buildings, beautiful gardens, bustling street markets and open-air cafs, with its most iconic sight probably the magnificent Notre-Dame Cathedral. Later, we are going to head to the country’s capital, Ottawa, and get our bearings on a tour on arrival.Highlights include the National War Memorial, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Confederation Square, the grounds of Parliament Hill, the Rideau Canal and ByWard Market. Enjoy a free evening in this great city.
- Day 4 Rockport & Toronto
- Today we travel to Toronto and en route we’ll stop at Rockport, our gateway to the beautiful 1000 Islands. Here you’ll discover their beauty onan included sightseeingcruise. On arrival in Toronto, make yourself at home in your hotel, your base for the next three nights.
- Day 5 Toronto
- You’re going to discover the bustling metropolis of Toronto on a short tour this morning. Once you have your bearings you will be keen to explore further at your own pace and you can do so at leisure this afternoon. You’ll have seen the 1,815ft CN Tower that dominates the city’s skyline, sowhy not make your way here andhead up to the LookOut level. With its floor-to-ceiling windows and a glass floor, the most incredible views are assured.
- Day 6 Niagara Falls
- Your day begins with a visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake. Often described as Ontario’s loveliest town, it is located in the heart of the wine-making region on the shores of Lake Ontario. Next we’re going to head to one of the greatest sights in the New World, the incredible Niagara Falls. You’ll have plenty of time to explore and can choose how you want to view these thundering waters. One option is to take a thrilling boat ride, or perhaps you’ll enjoy a unique view from below and behind, at the ‘Journey Behind the Falls’ attraction.
- Day 7 Banff
- Today you’re bound for Banff in the Rocky Mountains. We’ll fly to Calgary and then continue our journey by road, which takes us through some spectacular scenery.Get your bearings on a short orientation tour when we arrive. You’ll explore more tomorrow.
- Day 8 Banff
- Staggering views appear at every turn in Banff National Park and you’ll be keen to get out and explore today. Snow-capped mountains, crystal-clear lakes, sparkling streams and swathes of forest are just some of the attractions in this stunning destination. The wildlife is equally impressive, solook out for black and grizzly bears, wolves, elk and deer on land, then keep your eyes peeled for eagles, hawks and ospreys in the sky. There’s plenty to see and do in Banff and lots of optional excursions to enjoy froma cable car ride to the top of Sulphur Mountain to an unforgettablehelicopter flight over the Rockies.
- Day 9 Lake Louise
- Today we are going to Lake Louise, a glacial, jade-green lake set high in the mountains. It is surrounded on all sides by towering peaks and is described as one of Canada’s most beautiful locations. On your visit you’ll definitely understand why the early pioneers of the railway built impressive Chateau Lake Louise on its shores.
- Day 10 Rocky Mountaineer
- The journey of a lifetime begins this morning as you step aboard the iconic Rocky Mountaineer train. Sit back, relax and take in the stunning views as you travel through the Canadian Rockies to Kamloops. SilverLeaf service includes seating in a single-level domed coach with oversized windows, giving you great viewing oppotunities. Meals, snacks and drinks are all served at your seat, so all you have to do is enjoy. If you’ve upgraded to GoldLeaf, you also have access to an exclusive outdoor viewing platform and a private dining room. You’ll disembark the train in Kamloops and stay in a hotel overnight. Don’t worry, your journey is not over and you will join the Rocky Mountaineer once again tomorrow.
- Day 11 Rocky Mountaineer
- Another exciting day begins as you board the Rocky Mountaineer this morning. Take your seat and enjoy more sublime views as you travel alongside the Thompson River and through the dramatic canyons of the Fraser River. Keep a lookout for grizzly bears too as you enjoy a fascinating commentary from your onboard hosts. Your spectacular rail journey comes to an end in the beautiful city of Vancouver, your base for the next three nights.
- Day 12 Vancouver
- Named ‘the best place to live in the world’ in numerous polls, Vancouver’s jaw-dropping coastal setting includes sparkling lakes, a harbour surrounded by snow-capped mountains and lush green forests. A sightseeing tour will introduce you to highlights including the historic Gastown district, bustling Chinatown and Stanley Park, one of the world’s biggest and best urban parks. At lunchtime we’ll have arrived at Granville Island’s Public Market, whereyou may choose to try some local cuisine from one or two ofthe manydeli stalls.
- Day 13 Vancouver
- You can spend today exploring Vancouver at leisure. There areplenty of sightseeing opportunities, and we recommend an optional excursion to Vancouver’s Northshore. Here you’ll see the spectacular Capilano Suspension Bridge and have the chance to take the cable car up Grouse Mountain for breathtaking views of the city, Vancouver Island and the snow-capped mountains of Washington State, USA. When you’re ready for a bite to eat, you’ll be spoilt for choice in Vancouver. With many Asian influences, the gastronomy of the city is a real treat, and marks it out as the culinary capital of Canada.
- Day 14 Victoria
- We’re heading away from the mainland today, to spend two nights in Victoria on Vancouver Island, which we reach by ferry and an onward drive. On arrival, we’ll head offto the famous Butchart Gardens, considered to be one of the most spectacular floral show gardens in the world. The capital of British Columbia is often said to resemble an old English town, with its narrow streets and grand buildings. See its highlights on an included sightseeing tour.
- Day 15 Victoria
- You can soak up Victoria’s old world charm at your own pace today as you explore at leisure. The waters around Vancouver Island offer the ideal opportunity to get closer to the delights of the natural world, so why not join an optional whale-watching excursion. There’s every chance you’ll see orca, or killer whales as they are often known, in their natural environment – a must for wildlife enthusiasts and an experience to remember.
- Day 16 Vancouver/UK
- We head back to Vancouver by ferry this morning. We’ll then transfer you to the airport for your flight back home.
- Day 17 UK
- You’ll arrive in the UK today.Please note that the itinerary for 2020 will differ slightly from that shown here. Whilst in Vancouver we have added a light lunch at Granville market. Therell be a selection of samples for guests to enjoy, including fresh donuts and bagels.