From the iconic sights of the Empire State Building and Times Square to the quirks of Grand Central Station and the sparkle of Fifth Avenue, as you explore New York, this wonderful city will exceed all your expectations.
- Just You Tour Manager as yourhost
- Return flights from Heathrow with United Airlines
- Use of an airport lounge in the UK
- 3 nights in a hotel of a goodstandard
- 3 breakfasts and 1 lunch
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome drink
- Stay in the heart of Manhattan within walking distance of Times Square and the Empire State Building
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Day 1 UK to New York
- You’ll fly to New York today. The heart of this exciting city is Times Square, where neon lights illuminate every structure, flashing newsreels encircle tower blocks and the latest advertising campaigns and movie scores beam from interactive billboards.
You can soak up the atmosphere of this famous destination as soon as you arrive in the city on an orientation walk with your Tour Manager.
A welcome drink this evening gives you the perfect opportunity to get to know your travelling companions.
- Day 2 New York tour
- Exciting sights, iconic structures, fascinating museums and famous districts are exactly what New York is all about, and our half-day tour is a great way to get to grips with what’s on offer. A Local Guide will ensure you see all the hotspots, including the Empire State Building, Wall Street, Broadway, One World Trade Center, the Chrysler Building and Chinatown.
During time at leisure why not head to Grand Central Station to admire its huge central concourse and beautiful ceiling. The oldest establishment within the station is a wonderful oyster bar located in the lower arches the perfect place for a spot of lunch perhaps.
We offer an optional tour this evening giving you the chance to discover New York by night. You’ll return to the Empire State building and head to the top of its 102 floors to enjoy fantastic views of the city beautifully illuminated against the night sky.
- Day 3 Central Park & Fifth Avenue
- Central Park is a six-mile emerald-green haven known as New York’s ‘backyard’. To reach it today we’ll hop on the Subway, which is something you must experience when in this thrilling city!
On arrival, we’ll meet ourknowledgeable Local Guide who will tell us all about the history, planning and development of this vast expanse of greenery. Depending on the route we take, highlights may include the statues of Alice in Wonderland and Hans Christian Andersen, and Strawberry Fields. This section of the park isdedicated to the memory of John Lennon, and here you can sit and enjoy the Imagine mosaic beneath the shade of American elms. The world-famoussinger, songwriter and peace activistwas murdered outside his apartment in the Dakota building, opposite the park.
We’ll stop for a break at the park’s Boathouse Restaurant, where you can take in lovely views over the lake as you enjoy something to eat or drink. Next we’ll pass through the entrance to Central Park Zoo, where if we time it just right we’ll see thesea lions at feeding time and the Delacorte Musical Clock in action at noon!
We then leave the park and head out on to Fifth Avenue, the world’s most expensive shopping street. Why not step inside the famous jewellery store Tiffany & Co, or explore the renowned department store Saks Fifth Avenue. A whole host of other attractions are within reach, such as MOMA – the Museum of Modern Art – and the Rockefeller Center,just ask your Tour Manager to point you in the right direction.
Broadway is second to none when it comes to top-class shows and musicals and there are always great deals on late tickets. Maybe join with your group to see a show tonight and create a great final to your day.
- Day 4 Sightseeing cruise
- You’ve explored Manhattan on foot,so now let’s take in the views from the water. Today’s excursion is a fabulous Bateaux New York lunchcruise with great food and live piano music.
During this two-hour cruise we’ll see many famous landmarks, including the Empire State Building, Battery Park and One World Trade Center. We’ll pass under the famous bridges of Brooklyn and Williamsburg and circle the incredible Statue of Liberty this symbol of freedom and democracy is one of the most recognisable landmarks in theworld. We’ll also see Ellis Island, the gateway to the US for more than 12 million immigrants from 1892 to 1954.
Later, we will transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Day 5 UK
- You will arrive back in the UK today.Please note that the itinerary for 2020 will differ slightly from that shown here, there will be a welcome dinner on day 1 and the sightseeing lunch cruise will take place on day 2. Your hotel will be the Embassy Suites New York Midtown Manhattan within walking distance of Times Square.