Cyprus offers year-round sunshine, picturesque landscapes, ancient ruins and medieval walled towns. Uncover thousands of years of history on this relaxing holiday.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host &Specialist Local Guide
- Return direct flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at allUK airports
- 7 nightsin a 4-star hotel
- 15 includedmeals: 7 breakfasts,1 lunch, 7 dinners including a welcome drink & farewell dinner
- Overseas transfers,other transportation & porterage
- Day 1 UK – Larnaca
- Depart on your flight to Larnaca today. On arrival we will transfer youto your hotel in the ancient town of Kyrenia.
- Day 2 Kyrenia
- After breakfast, join your Tour Manager for an included guided tour of Kyrenia Town. We’ll discover the horseshoe-shaped Venetian harbour and Kyrenia Castle, which boasts a fascinating Shipwreck Museum. You may choose to visit this during free time. It houses one of the oldest trade ships in the world, which was discovered in the 1960s after laying on the seabed for more than 2,000 years. The afternoon has been left free, so you might choose to make the most of your hotel’s facilities, which include two swimming pools. This evening, join your fellow travellers for a welcome drink before dinner.
- Day 3 Kyrenia – at Leisure
- Today,our optionalexcursion takes usto the ancient city of Salamis, home to a treasure trove of ruins. Highlights of our tour include the Roman bath house, which still displays traces of its original mosaics, a gymnasium boasting an elegant colonnade and impressive statues, and a restored Roman amphitheatre. We’ll continue to the medieval walled town of Famagusta. Stroll around the walls and take in sights including the 14th century St Nicholas Cathedral, the Venetian Palace, St Barnabas Monastery, the abandoned quarter of Varosha and the Royal Tombs, which date back to around the 7th century BC.
- Day 4 St.Hilarion Castle & Bellapais Monastery
- Our included excursion todaytakes us through picturesque countryside to the Kyrenia Mountains, also known as the Five Finger Mountains. Firstly,we will visit St Hilarion Castle with magnificent views and afterwards we will visitthe village of Bellapais to see the ruins of its 13th century monastery, a fine example of Renaissance Gothic architecture.
- Day 5 Kyrenia
- After breakfast, we will drive to Kozan village, west of Kyrenia, and see how the localsmake halloumi cheese and bread. We’ll then head to theKozan Restaurant and enjoy lunch in a lovely location with a great atmosphere. We willreturn to ourhotel in the afternoon.
- Day 6 Kyrenia – at Leisure
- Our optional excursion today takes us on a scenic drive to Guzelyurt on the west coast, where we will visit St Mamas Church and the Archaeological Museum. We’ll thenhead to the remains of the ancient city of Soli to see the intricate mosaics in the floor of the basilica before continuing to the ruinedPalaceof Vuni. Our final stop is at Gemikonagi, asmall harbour village, where you will have free time to enjoy lunch.
- Day 7 Kyrenia – at Leisure
- You can spend a further day at leisure or maybe you’ll join our optional excursion to Nicosia with included lunch. The capital of Cyprus is split in two by the ‘Green Line’, dividing the Turkish and the Greek Cypriot communities. A stroll through the Old Town will introduce a picturesque combination of 16th century walls, pavement cafs, charming squares and historic monumentsincluding St Sophia Cathedral and the Kyrenia Gate. After your guided tour, there’s time to explore with your fellow travellers or indulge in a spot of shopping.
- Day 8 Larnaca – UK
- Today, we’ll transfer you to the airport foryour flight back to the UK.