This trio of Eastern European capitals all have their own unique charms. Discover them as you stroll Prague’s medieval streets, admire Vienna’s opulent architecture set against a backdrop of alpine scenery and explore Budapest’s impressive sites.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 7 nights half-board in 4-star hotels
- 14 meals: 7 breakfasts, 7 dinners
- Specialist Local Guides
- Welcome drink & farewell get-together
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Audio Guide
- Day 1 UK to Prague
- You’ll fly to Prague today, where you’ll get to know your travelling companions over a drink and dinner at your hotel this evening.
- Day 2 Prague
- Prague is known as the ‘Golden City’, and few visitors could fail to be impressed by the immense architecture, deep sense of history and fascinating traditions that abound here.
The compact centre of Prague’s old town is easily explored on foot – and on our walking tour we’ll see all the main sights including Wenceslas Square, the main square with its famous Astronomical Clock, and the 14th century Charles Bridge, where local artists display their creations and musicians serenade onlookers.
During a free afternoon you could explore further at your own pace orin the company ofyour travelling companions. Perhapshead to the Jewish quarter, where the old cemeteryshowcasesa different aspect of Prague’s past.Alternatively, why not join an optionallunch cruise on the RiverVltava.
This evening we’ll attend a Czech beer party including dinner, music and of course, some of the Prague’s famous beer.
- Day 3 Telc & Vienna
- Vienna is Austria’s stylish capital and arguably one of Europe’s most intensely ornate and beautiful cities. It is renowned throughout the world for its fascinating architecture and above all, its historic association with music.
Before arrival we’ll visit Telc, one of the most picturesque towns in the Czech Republic, whose UNESCO-listed centre boasts a beautiful chateau and well-preserved square.
- Day 4 Vienna
- We’ll discover the many famous sights of Vienna on our morning tour, from the imposing Gothic spire of St Stephen’s Cathedral to the grandeur of the Hofburg Palace and the Rococo style of the magnificent Schnbrunn Palace. We’ll also visit the Opera House and Musikverein.
The city is famous for its caf culture, and relaxing over an Austrian coffee andenjoying a slice of the famous Sacher cake is a welcome tradition – perhaps you’ll choose to try it for yourself after your tour. In the evening we’ll enjoy traditional live music with a dinner of local specialities.
- Day 5 Vienna Woods & Baden
- Vienna Woods is a beautiful forested region offering glorious vistas. On today’s optional excursion we will take a gentle strollto appreciate the charm of this area. Here you’ll have the chance to visit the Abbey of Heiligenkreuzor, where you might be lucky enough to hear the resident monks singing Gregorian chant.
In the delightful old spa town of Baden spend your time browsing in the traditional shops or taking in the splendid scenery. This evening we’ll head to a schnitzel house to sample this classic Viennese dish.
If you’d like to attend a concert, you can enjoy the works of Mozart and Strauss during an optional evening out in Vienna.
- Day 6 Eisenstadt
- We’ll visit the historic town of Eisenstadt, the capital of Austria’s Burgenland region, before reaching Budapest later today.
- Day 7 Budapest
- Hungary’s capital is split in two by the majestic Danube River, with the historic quarters of Buda on one side and the modern buildings and busy streets of Pest on the other. They are linked by eight bridges spanning the river so it’s possible for you to spend your time wandering between the two sides.
Today we include atour of the city. Budapest’s major sites reside on both sides of the river – we’ll call at the impressive Heroes’ Square, St Matthias Church and Fisherman’s Bastion, which boasts unrivalled views along the expanse of the Danube and to parliamentary buildings on the Pest side of the river.
Take time in the afternoon to explore at your own pace before we head back to the hotel. This evening we’ll enjoy a farewell dinner on a boat moored on the Danube, in the heart of Budapest.
- Day 8 Budapest to UK
- We’ll transfer to the airport for our flight backto the UK today.