Enjoy a relaxing week in one of Sardinia’s loveliest coastal resorts. Out and about you’ll learn about traditional coral fishing and discover the charming ‘painted’ town of Tinnura and medieval Bosa. Staying put, your hotel boasts its own beach, so you won’t have to stray far to enjoy the sea and sand
- JustYou Tour Manager as yourhost
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 7 nights full-board in a 4-star hotel
- 21meals: 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome drink & farewell get-together
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Day 1 UK to Sardinia
- You’ll fly to Sardinia today.On arrival, transfer to your hotel, where you can get to know your travelling companions over a welcome drink before dinner. During your stay we includeone evening transfer into the centre of the town, where you can shop for souvenirs, enjoy a stroll around the walled Old Town, or maybe take a seat at a pavement caf and watch the sun set over its ancient sandstone ramparts.
- Day 2 Alghero
- Today join your Tour Manager and Local Guide on a tour of Alghero. The town is known for the deep-red coral found off the nearby Riviera del Corallo coast. It is one of the few places where coral fishing, a tradition here that dates back to the 11th century, is allowed, though strictly regulated. During our tour we’ll also visit a coral factory to see how the polyps are crafted into beautiful pieces of jewellery.Afterwards there’s time to enjoy lunch with your travelling companions if you wish. The rest of the day is free. Your hotel is surrounded by a large park and also boasts its own stretch of sandy beach. Leisure facilities include a swimming pool, tennis court, bowling green and mini golf range, so there’s plenty to keep you occupied if you decide to spend the afternoon here.
- Day 3 Nuraghe Palmavera
- We include an excursion to the archaeological site of Nuraghe Palmaveratoday, which we will explore in the company of a Local Guide. After the tour we’ll head to a winery, where we’ll sample four wines accompanied by local produce including sausages, cheese, bread and olive oil. The afternoon is free, so perhaps head to the beach.
- Day 4 Alghero
- Alghero is one of Sardinia’s prettiest coastal resorts, and today has been left free for you to make your own discoveries. It features a thriving marina and attractive promenade, a lovely golden-sand beach and an atmospheric walled Old Town. In the centre, a maze of narrow lanes is packed with restaurants, bars and boutiques, and the cobbled piazzas host many cafs, where you can enjoy a drink and engage in the popular Sardinian pastime of people-watching.
- Day 5 Sassari & Stintino
- You can spend a relaxing day in Alghero, or maybe you’ll choose to join our optional excursion. We’ll begin in Sassari, Sardinia’s second city, which boasts a historical centre packed with beautiful monuments, the 13th century church of Sant’Apollinare and the National Archaeological Museum. Explore with your travelling companions and perhaps stop for lunch before we head to the village of Stintino, home to the beautiful Pelosa Beach. Its white sands and shallow, turquoise waters have rightly earned it the reputation as one of the best beaches in Sardinia, and you can spend the afternoon here. The area is a popular spot for divers and is also home to a 16th century watchtower.
- Day 6 Tinnura & Bosa
- An optional excursion today will give you the chance to explore the little town of Tinnura, where many of the buildings are covered in huge murals depicting everyday life. Next we visit the picturesque town of Bosa, whose attractive old quarter is home to medieval streets, stone staircases and houses painted in bright colours. From here we’ll enjoy a relaxing river cruise before free time for lunch. We’ll return to the hotel for an afternoon at leisure
- Day 7 Alghero
- Spend today enjoying the facilities at your hotel.
- Day 8 Sardinia to UK
- Today we’ll transfer to the airport for the flight back to the UK.Please note the itienrary for 2020 will differ slightly to the one shown here. On day 4 we have a new optional excursion – 4×4 Asinara marine reserve island adventure and on day 5 the optional excursion to Sassari & Stintino has been replaced with two optional excursions; A morning cruise in search of dolphins and an afternoon excursion to Neptune’s Grotto. You can do both excursions if you wish as they run at different times.