Discover the Rocky Mountains – dramatic
peaks, jade-green lakes and pine forests where grizzlies still roam free, as well as exploring the beautiful city of Vancouver on this exciting tour.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with Air Canada
- Use of an airport lounge in the UK
- 10 nights in hotels of a good standard plus 1 night inflight
- 11 meals: 10 breakfasts, 1 dinner
- Welcome & farewell drink
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Day 1 UK to Calgary
- We'll fly to Calgary today, transferring to hotel in downtown Calgary. Rest of the day is for you to spend at leisure.
- Day 2 Banff
- Today you'll transfer to Banff for a sightseeing tour of Banff National Park.
In Banff National Park's huge pine forests, black and grizzly bears still roam free and the area is home to spectacular sights such as wondrous snow-capped peaks, crystal-clear lakes, sparkling streams and rugged canyons with crashing waterfalls. Our tour today includes visits to the Hoodoos, Surprise Corner and Bow Falls, and you might opt to take a ride on the Banff Gondola.
This evening we'll get together for dinner.
- Day 3 Lake Louise
- Lake Louise a glacial jade-green lake high in the mountains, surrounded on all sides by towering peaks is often described as the most beautiful place in Canada. Our included excursion to the lake today gives you the chance to see if you agree.
- Day 4 Jasper
- The Banff-Jasper Highway reaches almost 7,000ft above sea level at points and is flanked by great mountain ranges soaring to more than 11,000ft. As we head along this magnificent highway to Jasper, a stop at the Great Columbia Icefield provides an opportunity to take an Ice Explorer ride across the Athabasca Glacier.
- Day 5 Jasper
- The former railroad town of Jasper is now home to the breathtakingly beautiful Jasper National Park. On this morning's tour we'll view the turquoise waters of Maligne Lake, set in a canyon and ringed by snow- and ice-capped mountains.
During free time this afternoon you could choose to take an optional river raft ride, and in the evening there's the chance to take a walk on the wild side with an optional nature walk.
- Day 6 Sun Peaks
- Our journey to Sun Peaks in British Columbia takes us over Yellow Head Pass, past Mount Robson the highest peak in the Rockies and along the Trans-Canada Highway. The scenery may be spectacular but the highlight of your day is sure to be our stop at Blue River for an exciting Rockies river safari. This once-in-a-lifetime cruise will take you through Grizzly Bear Valley on the lookout for an array of wildlife including moose, eagles, ospreys and, of course, grizzly bears.
- Day 7 Vancouver
- We continue our scenic journey through the Rockies today, towards the Pacific Ocean and the coastal city of Vancouver.
- Day 8 Vancouver
- Boasting one of the most beautiful settings in the world, Vancouver is surrounded by mountains, forests and delightful islands. On our sightseeing tour we'll take in Chinatown, Gas Town, the remarkable 1,000-acre Stanley Park with its famous totem poles and the magnificent harbour.
Granville Island is a huge draw for locals and tourists alike, thanks to its theatres, restaurants and shops. The highlight for most is the indoor public market with stalls selling gourmet delicacies, baked goods and seafood.
- Day 9 Vancouver
- Vancouvers North Shore, featuringthe Capilano Suspension Bridge andGrouse Mountain, is well worth a visitand you can do so on an optionalexcursion if you wish.
- Day 10 Vancouver
- Victoria on Vancouver Island can be reached by ferry, and if you choose to join an optional excursion, that's how we'll reach the capital of British Columbia.
On our city tour you'll be able to admire the architecture here and see how its British Victorian heritage is perfectly preserved. More highlights include the marvellous Butchart Gardens 50 acres of spectacular floral displays and emerald-coloured lawns. We'll also visit the Parliament Building and the classic Empress Hotel, sitting next to Victoria's sparkling harbour.
A farewell drink with your fellow travellers this evening will bring your tour to a perfect end.
- Days 11 & 12 Vancouver to UK
- You'll fly back to the UK on day 11, arriving in the UK on day 12.